Here are a few different use cases that you can use with your Google Assistant account.
To start using Zapier via a Google Assistant, first, you'll need to start a conversation with Zapier:
- “Hey Google, talk to Zapier”
- “Ok Google, speak to Zapier”
We’ve configured a few conversational commands to help you get started:
- “Welcome” - simple introductory message.
- “Help” - tells users how to setup Zaps.
- “List Zaps“ - reads off all Zaps that have been setup with Google Assistant as a trigger.
- “Sign in” - prompts user to sign-in. Currently only supported via the Google Assistant app (not via a Google Home/Mini)
- “Thank you” - Says "you're welcome" and ends the conversation.
- “Bye” - Says "bye" and ends the conversation.
Once a conversation with Zapier is started, there are few ways that you can trigger your Zaps:
- “Run ((Zap name))”
- “Start ((Zap name))”
- “Trigger ((Zap name))”
You can also trigger the Zap by setting up a custom phrase without saying “run”, “start”, “trigger”.
In this example of a custom phrase, every time I say “walk the dog” this will trigger my Zap.