- You must be on a Business plan on Wordpress.com in order to install the Zapier plugin. The plugin in Wordpress.org is free to install.
- While this isn't required, we highly recommend using SSL with your blog to ensure the safety of your WordPress login credentials.
- We recommend creating a user for Zapier in your WordPress account.
Before you get started creating a Zap with WordPress, you’ll need to install the Zapier WordPress plugin.
- First, navigate to Add New in the plugin dashboard in WordPress.
- Search for Zapier for WordPress.
- Click Install Now.
- Activate the plugin on the plugin dashboard.
More details are available on the plugin Installation instructions, here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/zapier/#installation
We recommend creating a brand new user, just for Zapier before connecting your WordPress account to Zapier. Please feel free to skip to Step 3 Connecting WordPress to Zapier if you wish not to create a user account. To create a new user, follow these steps:
- Log into your WordPress admin.
- Click Users.
- Click Invite New.
- Click Invite+.
zapieras the username and generate a secure password.
- For role, you can choose Admin if you want Zapier to be able to do anything to your blog. We generally recommend Editor, but you can read more about WordPress User Roles if you like.
- Click Send Invitation and that's it for this section!
When you start creating a WordPress Zap, you will be asked to connect your WordPress account.
Next, you'll be asked to enter your WordPress Base URL, Username and Password. The Base URL will be the full publically accessible wordpress URL e.g.
Paste your key back into your Zapier account and then Continue.
If all steps were successful your WordPress account will now be successfully connected.