To connect your email account to Zapier using SMTP, click to connect a new account in Step 2 of your zap.
On the next screen, you'll be asked for several bits of information to finish that configuration:
- Host - This will be the URL for your SMTP server. For example, Gmail's is smtp.gmail.com
- Username - This is typically the username and/or email address you use to log in to your email account
- Password - This is the password you use to log in to your email account
- Use TLS - This is a Yes/No dropdown that determines whether we connect to your account using TLS/SSL. Consult your email provider's SMTP instructions if you aren't sure which you need.
- Port - We let you choose between Port 25(default), 587, 110, or 2525. Consult your email provider's SMTP instructions if you aren't sure which you need.
- From Email - If you try connecting and run into problems, try filling in this field with the email address for your SMTP account.
After you fill all those fields in, you click continue and we'll try to connect to your SMTP account to finish that configuration.