When creating a Zap with the Salesforce app, you will be asked to sign in to Salesforce to connect an account:
Next, you will be prompted to select the Salesforce Environment you want to connect to via your account. Most users should choose ‘production’ as their environment.
Alert: If you select ‘sandbox’ and your account does not support a sandbox environment, you will receive the following message: ‘Please check your username and password. If you still can't log in, contact your Salesforce administrator.‘
Then, log in to your Salesforce account (unless you are already logged in, you will automatically be redirected to the next step).
Select ‘Allow’ to grant Zapier the necessary permissions to perform the Zap.
If all steps were successful your Salesforce account will now be successfully connected for you to continue setting up your Zap.
If you've used our older Salesforce integration, now renamed Salesforce (Legacy), you’ll notice the new Salesforce integration has a different set of triggers and actions and a new search option. Our goal was to be “object agnostic” and allow you to easily create Zaps around the objects you use. In this vein, all of the action/trigger/searches are built around records, and you then specify the object where the record exists (or will exist!). There are also two new features for you to take advantage of:
- We now support triggers for record updates (and these can be scoped down to specific fields in a record with the Updated Field in Record Trigger.
- You can use SOQL to build more complex search queries in the "Find Record by Query" action
Here is a general mapping between the triggers/actions/searches of the new Salesforce integration and what those were in the previous Salesforce (Legacy) version:
- New Record: New Opportunity, New Custom Object, New Lead, New Contact, New Campaign, New Case, New Event, New Note, New Account, New Task, New Folder
- Updated Record: Updated Opportunity
- Updated Field on Record: Closed Opportunity
- Create Record: Create Contact, Create Lead, Create Custom Object, Create Opportunity, Create Event, Create Case, Create Note, Create Task, Create Case Comment, Create Account, Create Document
- Update Record: Update Opportunity, Update Lead, Update Custom Object, Update Contact
- Find Record: All searches and writes