While the Webmerge actions themselves do not offer the option, you are able to set up custom file names inside of the WebMerge for each document type that you choose when setting up the WebMerge action, under the Settings tab for the document in WebMerge.
When connecting to WebMerge to use the New Merged Document trigger, you will be given a webhook to paste into your WebMerge account like this:
Copy this webhook then follow these steps:
- Login to your WebMerge account and edit the document you want to trigger your Zap on.
- Click on the "Deliver" tab and then click the "+ New Delivery" button.
- Choose webhook.
- Paste your webhook into the "URL" field.
5. Then click the "more options" black box.
6. Make sure "Always send this Webhook", "Send data using JSON" and "Send merge data (uses the key: "fields")" options are all checked.
7. Click "Save Delivery".
Make sure you have checked the three boxes ( "Always send this Webhook", "Send data using JSON" and "Send merge data (uses the key: "fields")" ) listed in step 6 above.
Yes, you can format text with HTML for your document on a Zap. For example, If I sent along "Lindsay" wrapped in bold tags like this:
The name would appear in bold on the document like this:
First, check to see if the document is actually getting created in Webmerge. If it is, and you have the
Download File field set to yes, Zapier may be timing out when trying to download the file if it is too large. You'll need to change the
Download File field to "no".
If you need to use the file in subsequent steps, you can create another zap that uses the New Merged Document trigger.