By default, GetResponse requires subscribers to opt in to a list. When they are added to your list via Zapier, they won't show up on the list until they confirm the opt in. You may see this noted in GetResponse that a "contact is queued" when added by Zapier.
You can disable double-opt-in your GetResponse settings. Go to this page: https://app.getresponse.com/campaign_preferences.html and click "Preferences." Then untick "API subscriptions" under "Enable confirmed opt-in".
There is already a contact with that email. In this case, you can set up your zap to do a Find Contact action, Filter, Create Contact action. Here's a step by step guide:
- Click the + sign in between your trigger and action and select action.
- Choose GetResponse as the app and Find Contact as the action.
- Set it up like this, choosing the appropriate Campaign and mapping the correct email field from your trigger:
- Click the + sign in between the Find Contact and Create Contact action and select Filter.
- Set the filter up like this where the Contact ID is from Step 2:
- Follow it up with the Create Contact action
Contacts that are moved into a list from another list will not trigger the Zap. Instead, you'll want to copy the contact into the list, as that should then trigger the Zap.
I want to provide "First Name" and "Last Name" separately, but Zapier only provides one "Name" field
The "First Name" and "Last Name" fields in GetResponse are pseudo-fields which are then combined into the "Name" value. This is why only a "Name" field is provided in Zapier.
To get around this, you can create custom "First Name" and "Last Name" fields in GetResponse, which will then appear in the Zap Editor along with your other custom fields.