If your pages are empty, that is a Zapier + Facebook permissions issue! To fix:
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=business_tools&ref=settings and search for or scroll down to Zapier.
- Click the "edit" button and look, does Zapier have permissions to see pages? It should look like:
- If pages permissions are missing, just click the "remove app" link:
- Go to https://zapier.com/app/settings/authorizations and add/reconnect Facebook Pages again and click allow/yes for all permission screens.
Start using your new connection with all the pages included!
Yes, we have a separate app for Facebook Groups at https://zapier.com/apps/facebook-groups/integrations.
Since August 2018, it is not possible for apps like Zapier to create posts on Facebook personal timelines.
While a rather technical and jargon-filled message, usually all this means is that a page wasn't selected from the field dropdown. Skim back over your form to be sure you have selected a page.
The Facebook page post will output differently depending on the Action you use and the combination of fields you setup in the Action template. Here's a handy guide showing the output of your Zap depending on how it was set up:
When you use the Facebook Page "Create Page Photo" Action, the resulting post will include a photo and a description of your choice.
When you use the Facebook Page "Create Page Post" Action and include a link url, the resulting post will include a message of your choice. The photo will automatically be pulled by Facebook. The photo will be a clickable link that you've set in the Link URL.
The image pulled would depend on the following factors:
- Facebook will first look at the link for Facebook’s OG (Open Graph) tags
- If #1 fails, it will scrape the page for another better link. Facebook will favor bigger images with a rectangle ratio.
Images that Facebook prefers:
- For high-res displays, use images that are at least: 1200 x 630
- The minimum recommended image size is 600 x 315
- Images smaller than 600 x 315 will be displayed, but thumbnail will be smaller
- The absolute minimum image size is 200 x 200
- Images under 200 x 200 will not be displayed and are logged as errors in the debugger.