RSS by Zapier allows you to trigger off new RSS feed items as well as add items to your own RSS feed. An RSS (really simple syndication) feed is a clean way of getting the content from a frequently updated source, such as a blog, or news site with just the key information.
- When using the Action "Create Item in Feed" Zapier can only handle about 10kb of data. If your data exceeds the 10kb limit, the task will error out. We've added a field to control what should happen in this case, you can set it to automatically truncate the data, or not truncate it and instead throw an error and stop the Zap.
- There currently isn't a way to edit your RSS feed and remove items, if you want to start with a fresh feed, simply change the feed URL. Also note that old entries will clear out if no items are added for 2 weeks.
- We only store the most recent 50 items in the feed. Also, all items are removed if no new items are added for 14 days.
- Unfortunately, Craigslist blocks connections to their RSS feed from servers like the ones that Zapier uses, so we won't be able to access Craigslist RSS feeds in a zap.
- Only letters, numbers, and hyphens will be accepted in the URL field. Spaces and other characters need to be removed.
When setting up a Zap, the editor provides fields for "Media URL", "Media MIME Type", and "Media Length." Under the hood, these are actually used to create an enclosure, so if you want to provide a link to other media types besides audio files or images, you can use those three fields to do so.