WebMerge Help & Support
What WebMerge Triggers and Actions are Supported?
- New Merged Document - Triggers when a merged/populated document is created.
- Create Data Route Merge - Send data to your Data Route URL.
- Combine Files - Combine multiple files into a single PDF or DOCX.
- Extract Field Values From PDF - Extracts the field values from the given PDF file.
- Convert File to PDF - Converts a given file to a PDF.
- Create Document Merge - Send data to your Merge URL.
How to Get Started with WebMerge
About the WebMerge Integration#
- Paid/versioned account: Free and/or trial WebMerge accounts may be limited to a single merge per minute.
- Partner's documentation: More information can be found here.
Setting up the WebMerge Integration#
The first thing you'll need to do to get started with hooking up WebMerge with Zapier and hundreds of other services is to add your WebMerge Account to Zapier. Click to add a WebMerge account in your Zap.
Next you will give your new Account a name or label, which is just a handy name for you to recognize within Zapier. It doesn't matter what you name it.
You will then log into your WebMerge account to retrieve your API key and secret.
You can find your API key and secret by navigating to account > API access.
After you retrieve your API key and secret, enter them into the corresponding fields in your Zap.
Entering your API key and secret finishes the process! Your WebMerge account is now connected to Zapier.
Popular Things To Do With WebMerge
Common Problems with WebMerge
How can I change the name of the document that is being generated in WebMerge?#
While the Webmerge actions themselves do not offer the option, you are able to set up custom file names inside of the WebMerge for each document type that you choose when setting up the WebMerge action, under the Settings tab for the document in WebMerge.
How to use the New Merged Document Trigger#
When connecting to WebMerge to use the New Merged Document trigger, you will be given a webhook to paste into your WebMerge account like this:
Copy this webhook then follow these steps:
- Login to your WebMerge account and edit the document you want to trigger your Zap on.
- Click on the "Deliver" tab and then click the "+ New Delivery" button.
- Choose webhook.
- Paste your webhook into the "URL" field.
5. Then click the "more options" black box.
6. Make sure "Always send this Webhook", "Send data using JSON" and "Send merge data (uses the key: "fields")" options are all checked.
7. Click "Save Delivery".
Why aren't my merged documents showing on the New Merged Document Trigger?#
Make sure you have checked the three boxes ( "Always send this Webhook", "Send data using JSON" and "Send merge data (uses the key: "fields")" ) listed in step 6 above.
Can I format the text I send to Webmerge?#
Yes, you can format text with HTML for your document on a Zap. For example, If I sent along "Lindsay" wrapped in bold tags like this:
The name would appear in bold on the document like this:
Tasks are getting stuck in "Pending" state#
First, check to see if the document is actually getting created in Webmerge. If it is, and you have the
Download File field set to yes, Zapier may be timing out when trying to download the file if it is too large. You'll need to change the
Download File field to "no".
If you need to use the file in subsequent steps, you can create another zap that uses the New Merged Document trigger.
Need More Help? - Our support team is happy to help -- send us a message