SugarCRM 6.2-5 Help & Support
What SugarCRM 6.2-5 Triggers and Actions Does Zapier Support?
- New Case - Triggers when you add a new case.
- New Field - Triggers when you add a new field to a module.
- New Contact - Triggers when you add a new contact.
- New User - Triggers when you add a new user.
- New Lead - Triggers when you add a new lead.
- New Entry (Other Module) - Triggers when you add a new record or entry to a module. (Note - due to an intermittent SugarCRM sorting bug, this trigger may not work as expected.)
- New Opportunity - Triggers when you add a new opportunity.
- New Module - Triggers when you add a new module.
- New Task - Triggers when you add a new task.
- Create Case - Create a new case.
- Create Task - Create a new task.
- Create Lead - Create a new lead.
- Create Contact - Create a new contact.
- Create User - Create a new user.
- Create Entry (Other Module) - Create a new record/entry for a module.
- Create Opportunity - Create a new opportunity.
How to Get Started with SugarCRM 6.2-5 on Zapier
The first thing you'll need to do is connect your Sugar CRM instance to your Zapier account. In the normal process of creating a new Zap we'll ask you to do just this:
The first item in the form is just a label. You can give it any name you like, it is just for your internal record keeping inside Zapier (it has no effect on which SugarCRM instance you add). However, you'll need to provide the correct Install URL, Username and Password. The install URL should point to the base path at which SugarCRM is installed.
For example, if you open up your browser and log into your SugarCRM instance and see something like
http://crm.example.com/sugartime/index.php?action=DetailView... then your Install URL is exactly
You should create a brand new admin account for zapier, that way we don't have a copy of your everyday password. Do not reuse your everyday login username and password. You may need to contact your admin to get a new account setup!
Make sure to name it something memorable (you'll need it in the next step!) and make it a System Administrator so it can access all the records you need to automate (alternatively, you could use normal access roles to do this but it adds another step and more complexity).
Be sure that you used a good email address, because to retrieve the password, you'll need to log into your email account. We recommend logging in just once under the new user to change passwords to something really secure like this website's password tool.
Then just enter all the data into the Zapier popup and click continue.
If everything works, we'll confirm that the test is good and you can continue making your Zap!
Common Problems with SugarCRM 6.2-5
What version/edition of SugarCRM does Zapier support?#
Zapier supports version 6.2-5 of SugarCRM. While it may work with some modules of version 7+, we cannot guarantee it will. We have a 7+ version of the SugarCRM on our roadmap.
Zapier supports all editions (Community, Professional, Enterprise, Ultimate) of SugarCRM.
Module Does Not Exist#
This usually means that a module hasn't been installed (or has been uninstalled) from the SugarCRM instance. If you can re-add the module in question you should be able to get this working once again.
This is very common if you have a firewall in place to limit access to your local intranet or company network. Open up your instance to the wider internet to give Zapier and similar services access to your server. Be sure to use good passwords if you can!
SSL Certificate Failure#
Chances are there are a few reasons why you might be running into an SSL certificate failure:
- Using a self-signed certificate. Certificates signed by common authorities can be had for less than $50/year, try that next!
- Incorrect usage of a
example.comcertificate on a domain like
testing.example.com. The reverse can be the case as well, for example: a
*.example.comwildcard certificate for
- Other improper installation of the certificate (missing chain certificates, improper modes, etc...). Use a tool like https://ssl-tools.verisign.com/#home to test.
At this time Zapier does not have the ability to find existing contacts and intelligently merge existing data and new data. We're very focused on helping you take brand new data and move it over once.
Session ID Failure#
This is not uncommon when you have many zaps running at the same time (since SugarCRM locks sessions to single IP addresses and we have dozens of servers to make your tasks run fast!). Contact us and we'll try to figure something out for you!
Wanting to Select Relations#
One feature request/desire is to select relations, like putting Leads into Lists. Right now that is not possible using the Zapier integration though it is on our eventual agenda.
Popular Things To Do With SugarCRM
Need More Help? - Our support team is happy to help -- send us a message