In decision-making, accurate, up-to-date info is key. That's where Storage by Zapier helps. It's an app anyone with a Zapier account can use to quickly store and retrieve small values of data. That means you can reference data from other steps of your Zap or share data between different Zaps.
To get started with Storage, search for and select the Storage app as an action:
After selecting Storage, you will be presented with a few options for storing and retrieving values:
Setting a Storage Secret
There are no user accounts for Storage. All data stored in Storage is identified and grouped by a Secret Key. This key is 1 to 32 characters in length. You can think of it as a "password" for your Storage data:
Setting a Value
Values are identified by Keys. A key can be any text less than or equal to 32 characters in length. A value can be any text less than 2500 characters in length.
Retrieving a Value
Just as you used a key to store your value, you can use the same key to retrieve the value later.
Advanced Storage Operations
There are a number of advanced Storage operations for your Zaps:
- Get & Set a Child Value - Store and retrieve a value based on a key and a child key.
- Remove Value & Child Value - Independent operations to delete values.
- Set Value If - Only set a value if the current value matches a previous value.
- Increment Value - Store a number in a value, and increment (or decrement) that number each time by a specified amount.
- Push Value onto List - Add multiple values to a key in a list.
- Pop Value from List - Remove a value from a list.
- Get List Values - Return and format a list of values as a single piece of text based on a format.
- Get Secret - Get your Storage Secret to use in a Code step with a StoreClient.
Get creative and find unique ways to use Storage as a quick-and-easy database. It's especially handy to keep a running tally of how many times your Zap has run to log new customers, contacts, sales, and more.