Megaventory - Features, Pricing, Alternatives, and More
You've got a website to sell your products, and customers wanting to purchase them. But how will you make sure that you have enough stock—and that you can get more when it's needed?
Enterprise resource planning (or ERP) tools are designed to help manage your resources, the inventory and supplies required to run your business. At their core, they're database tools that keep track of all the product records. Then, you can use that data to direct your product decisions and ensure you always have supplies when your customers want them.
Megaventory is an online inventory management and ERP app that can do that and more. It can track all the data about your inventory, sales, orders, quotes, documents, and manufacturing, then turns in into dynamic reports so you can easily see which products need reordered, which documents have been signed, and more in a click.
You'll start out by deciding which data you want to track in Megaventory. If you're just starting out, you could just track your product quantity and sales to keep an accurate, up-to-date record or your inventory levels. As your business scales up and you start manufacturing your own products, you can start tracking raw materials and purchase orders.
Then you can add info about what you sale. Megaventory lets you list products and organize them into categories, then list which location they're stored at. You can then keep track of your clients and contacts, along with your tax rates, shipping providers, and everything else about your business.
With that info set, it's time to bring in your orders and start tracking your inventory. The first time, you can import data from a spreadsheet—Megaventory will give you a template spreadsheet that you can fill with data, and then you can import it into any section of the app to pre-fill its database with info. You can also backup and download your full Megaventory data and restore your account at any time.
Want to track orders automatically? You can connect it to Magento, to track orders from your store, QuickBooks Online to log those orders in your accounting software, and Lokad to predict your future sales based on past metrics. Or, using Zapier's Megaventory integration, you can have Zapier watch for low stock, new products, or supplier and client info, and then notify you when things need reordered or add your clients to your marketing apps.
All of your data in Megaventory is listed in spreadsheet-style lists that you can filter and sort through to find the info you need. Say you're looking at total purchases. You can click on the total value for this year's sales, and a spreadsheet-style grid will popup with detailed info about the sales that you can dig into or edit directly if needed. Or if you select a purchase order, Megaventory will show related documents and let you open them directly.
Megaventory can then make sense of all your data with auto-generated reports. Using the same filtering tools, it can summarize the data and give you a quick preview of it on your dashboard. There are separate pages for purchases, sales, manufacture, and inventory, each with their own stats cards that show quick data about your company. Click the card to view those items—or click the + icon to add your own filtered view. You'll then select the data you want to view. In the Inventory view, say, you can select to see on-hand inventory, alerts, supplier inventory, goods transfer documents, or inventory adjustments. You can then drill down into that data (perhaps to select a location to check for inventory or a supplier to watch for documents), and can add
not and, or
not or conditional filters to drill down into your data and, perhaps, only see electronics inventory from one supplier. That card will then be added to your dashboard with the relevant info summarized, and ready for you to drill into anytime you want.
The main work of selling products and managing inventory is dealing with the actual products—and you just need software to make that job simpler. Megaventory's database tools do that by making it simple to get reports about anything you need. You'll have all the data about your company in one place, so you can quickly see sales and inventory data whenever you need.
- Get started quickly with the Megaventory documentation and knowledge base.
- Integrate Megaventory with your internal apps using the Megaventory API or Zapier's Megaventory integrations.
- Keep up with Megaventory's new features on their Facebook and Twitter.
- Need a tool to sell your products online? Here's the best places to start an online store.
- Want to build custom apps for the rest of your processes? Here's how to use a database builder to create the software tools you need.
- Manage inventory, orders, and manufacturing processes in one place
- Import your initial inventory listing from a spreadsheet
- Build reports to easily see stock, sales rates, and anything else you need to watch
- Set your products, tax, inventory locations, discounts, and more to track everything about your business
- Share reports with others, or keep them private for your records
- Create work order printouts
- Export data from any view in Excel, CSV, or PDF formats
- $9.90/month Starter plan for one user and location, and 300 products
- $49.90/month Business plan for five users and locations, and 5k products
- $99.90/month Corporate plan for ten users and locations, and 20k products