ForceManager Help & Support
What ForceManager Triggers and Actions are Supported
- New Contact - Triggers when a new contact is added.
- New Account - Triggers when a new account is added.
- New Opportunity - Triggers when a new opportunity is added.
- New Activity - Triggers when a new activity is added.
- New Calendar Item - Triggers when a new calendar item is added.
- Updated Account - Triggers when an account is updated.
- Find Opportunity - Finds an opportunity by name.
- Find Contact - Finds a contact by email or phone number.
- Find Account - Finds an account by name, email or phone number.
- Create Activity - Creates a new activity.
- Create Account - Creates a new account.
- Create Contact - Creates a new contact for an account.
- Create Opportunity - Creates a new opportunity.
- Create Calendar Item - Creates a new calendar.
How to Get Started with ForceManager on Zapier
When you start creating a ForceManager Zap, you will be asked to connect your ForceManager account.
Next, you'll be asked to enter your ForceManager API key.
To locate your API Key in your ForceManager account, please follow these steps:
- Log into your app account.
- Click "Settings" from the Top Menu.
- Choose "API KEY MANAGEMENT".
- Click "Generate API Key".
- Copy the generate API key to your clipboard
Paste your key back into your Zapier account and then “Continue”.
If all steps were successful your ForceManager account will now be successfully connected.
Popular Things to do with ForceManager
Common Problems with ForceManager on Zapier
Does ForceManager need any special plan pricing?#
We have two plans available with which this integration can be made:
- Small team: For small sales teams who want their members to become more efficient
- Business: For teams of 10 users or more who want to measure and boost their performance
You can learn more on the ForceManager pricing page here.
Need More Help? - Our support team is happy to help -- send us a message