How to Use the Google Calendar API
A Digital Agency Saves 30 Hours a Week Automating with ManyChat and Zapier
How a Consulting Agency Reduced Time Spent Creating Leads by 25%
How an eCommerce Business Saves 40 Hours Every Week with Automation
Introducing Code Steps for Zaps: Calculate, Convert, Manipulate Data and More
Some example use cases include:
- Transform incorrect dates or convert between other data types.
- Use custom regular expressions to extract extra data like emails or tracking numbers from large text blobs.
- Make an extra API call to a different service with
requestswithout building a full dev app.
- Augment data from a trigger with extra data from some other source (either generated or external API).
- Anything else you can dream up!
Warning - this is advanced stuff! You probably need to be a programmer to use this - though you are welcome to play with it. Technical support for bugs in your code is not provided!
How does it work?
Since the amount of data that might feed into your script might be large or highly dynamic - you'll need to define an input mapping via our GUI. This is a really simple step - the screenshot below shows a very basic example:
Running your zap via the dashboard is the canonical way to confirm the behavior you expect - your Task History will have all relevant details around the ran code's inputData, output and logs. The test step in the editor can be used for a tighter feedback loop.
Try asking for help by tagging questions as Zapier on Stackoverflow!